The led light you find on AirPods is one of the good features of this device; they are to help the user get some information about the working condition of the device. With this feature, most users now ask what Airpods blinking orange means. This page with provide you with what the different color stands for.
An orange color indicator on your Airpod means it’s charging. When you are charging it, wondering if there is a power supply in it or you doubt it’s charging, then the orange led lid is what you should check. If it does not show that, then it’s not charging.
As much as the indicator light on your Airpod is to communicate with you, you have to understand the meaning of these colors, as it will help you to figure out the issue/fault faster and how you can quickly fix it.
Airpods Blinking Led Indicator – What Each Color Stands For?
Whenever you plug your Airpod into a power source, you might need to check the USB cord or the power source if this light doesn’t come up even after charging.
This color might only pop up after plugging the Airpod case into a power source once you put the Airpod. Then, you can have the Amber color to show its charging.
In addition, the charging time depends on the battery level. So if your battery is low, it might take longer to charge up with more power from the charger.
However, Suppose you find that your Airpod keeps blinking orange/amber color even after charging fully. In that case, this indicates that there may be some problem with the headphone cable or earbuds connector, which needs to be replaced or fixed by an expert technician.
When this color shown on your Airpod led light turns green, it means both the Airpod and its case are fully charged.
Also, Green light means that AirPods are pairing with your device, and the process is complete. You should see a green indicator light when paired with your device on your AirPods.
3. Green with AirPods out of the case
An AirPod has a blinking green light when they are out of the case. It indicates that they are charging or need to be paired to your phone. If you see this light blinking, move your AirPods closer to your phone, so they can pair together.
4. Blinking White
A white flashlight on your Airpod means it’s ready to be paired with another device.
5. Blinking orange/Amber
When you try to pair your Aipod with your phone, and it blinks orange light, it means a pairing error must be fixed.
No Light: If your Airpod led indicator is not coming up or flashing any color, it means that it’s out of power and it needs to be charged
6 Ways to Fix the Orange Flashing Light on AirPods
The orange flashing light on your AirPods case is a problem many people have experienced. If you have an AirPods case with an orange flashing light, it can be difficult to figure out the issue Aside from it not charging.
The following guide will explain what causes the orange flashing light on your AirPods case and give tips on how to fix it quickly.
1. Restart your iPhone
When you restart your phone after experiencing a disconnection between your Airpod and your device, or you notice unusual flashing of orange light on your Airpod, restarting it will be a perfect option.
It can clear any bug that may be responsible or the cause of any malfunction that may cause the
When you need a restart, here’s how to do it:
1. Ensure your iPhone is fully charged.
2. Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo appear onscreen. And if your iPhone doesn’t display an Apple logo, you still need to try again, as it may need a few more seconds to charge up or restart.
3. Immediately the Apple logo appears, release both buttons, wait about 15 seconds, then press them again to restart your phone.
2. Unpair and Pair your Airpods again
Another thing you could do to fix your Airpod is to Unpair for any device it might be connected to. After unpairing, try reconnecting to the iPhone by pairing them both.
You can achieve a quicker solution with this method without putting much stress.
1. Press and hold the call button at the back of your Airpods until they start flashing blue, then release them. You’ll see a message that says “Pairing mode.”
2. If you don’t want to unpair, ignore this message (it’ll disappear after 10 seconds).
3. If you do want to unpair, hold down the call button for 5 seconds until it turns green and flashes blue twice, then let go of the control when it turns green again
4. When everything is set up properly, you’ll see a message saying “Pairing mode” again on your iPhone’s screen; this time, it’ll say “Enabled.” It means that all your Airpods are paired with your iPhone.
3. Factory Reset your Charging Case
If you have tried all the suggestions above and still need to see results, it’s time to reset the Airpod case. It will help you wipe all the saved data, which can be a bug.
This fix won’t take much time; you only need 20-30 seconds to get this done.
To do this, plug in your AirPods and hold down the EarPods for 5 seconds.
You should see an orange light flash on your AirPods and then disappear.
Once this happens, disconnect from power and wait 5 minutes before reconnecting to power.
4. The AirPods and Charging Case should be charged
Before fixing any issue with your Airpod, ensure the Airpod and care are fully charged. Because if one or both aren’t charged, any fix might be unsuccessful.
To charge your AirPods or Charging Case:
1. Plug your Charging Case into an electrical outlet using the Lightning cable that came with it.
2. Plug your AirPods into your Charging Case using the white lightning connector with the accessory.
3. Let the device charge for at least 2 hours
5. Update the Airpod’s firmware
Updating your Airpod firmware is another method to stop the orange flashing on your Airpod. When you do this, your Airpod will operate with the latest software and can also fix errors.
To update your AirPods’ firmware, follow these steps:
Step 1: Press/hold the power button for 10 seconds until the indicator light blinks rapidly.
Step 2: Connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad using their charging cable. Once they’re connected, wait for them to finish charging before continuing with Step 3.
Step 3: Turn on “Find my iPhone” on your iPhone or iPad and locate them via the ‘Home’ app. Click on them once they appear as an option under devices in iOS 12 Beta 1+ or under devices in iOS 11.4+. Open Settings > General > About > Tap “Software Update” to open up iTunes App Store (Settings > Software Update). Tap “Download and Install
6. Contact Apple Store
After trying all the suggestions above and there are still no changes, it’s time to call or go to the apple store. You can get advanced technical assistance with your Airpod.
Contact Apple Support by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE or by visiting their website at https://support.apple.com/
Many issues can come with your Airpod, but Airpods blinking orange is a come one. And with the color meaning revealed in this post, it should be easy to quickly know what is wrong with it when you see an orange flashlight on the Airpod.
Also, the solutions provided won’t just fix the orange blinking issue but can fix other bugs or connectivity issues.