It is easy to connect the AirPods to PS and control music with them directly from your Playstation 4. But Can you connect AirPods to ps4? You can also play audio from different sources like Spotify, Pandora, Google Music, etc. This article will explain how to connect AirPods for media streaming on PS4.
You can connect your AirPods to a PlayStation 4 as long as you have the necessary accessories. The most common way of connecting these earbuds is using the wireless USB adaptor sold separately from Apple.
It is recommended that you use Bluetooth on your console, which allows the console and its accessories to alert the player when they receive a call or message via device-to-device communication.
What You Need to Connect AirPods to PS4
To connect AirPods to a PS4, you will need to use a Bluetooth adapter. You can either use a Bluetooth adapter plugged into the PS4’s USB port or a wireless Bluetooth adapter that connects to the PS4 through the home network. Once you have the adapter, you can follow these steps to connect your AirPods to the PS4:
- Press the button at the back of the charging case for a few seconds.
- On the PS4, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the option to add a new Bluetooth device.
- The AirPods should appear in the list of available devices. Select them to begin the pairing process.
- Once the AirPods are paired, you should be able to use them with your PS4 for audio playback.
Keep in mind that some features of the AirPods, such as the ability to use them as a microphone, may not be supported on the PS4.
How to Connect AirPods to Your PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5
1. Using a Bluetooth Adapter
To connect AirPods to a PlayStation console using a Bluetooth adapter, follow these steps:
- Ensure the Bluetooth adapter is plugged into the PlayStation console’s USB port.
- Put your AirPods in pairing mode by holding the setup button on the back of the charging case for a few seconds. The status light on the case should flash white, indicating that the AirPods are in pairing mode.
- On the PlayStation console, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the Bluetooth adapter from the list of available devices.
- Select “Search for Bluetooth Devices” to begin scanning for nearby devices.
- Select the AirPods from the list of available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Once the AirPods are connected to the PlayStation console, you can use them to listen to audio from the console’s games and apps.
2. Using the Remote Play app
To connect your AirPods to your PS4 using the Remote Play app, follow these steps:
- Install the latest Remote Play app on your PC or Mac.
- Turn on your PS4 and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Go to the settings menu on your PS4 and select “Remote Play Connection Settings.”
- Enable the “Remote Play” feature on your PS4.
- Open the Remote Play app on your PC or Mac and click on the “Start” button.
- Click on the “Connect to PS4” button and enter the 8-digit code that appears on your PS4 screen.
- Once your PC or Mac is connected to your PS4, you can use your AirPods to listen to audio from the PS4.
To do this, put your AirPods in your ears and select the “Audio Output to Headphones” option in the Remote Play app.
From there, you can choose “All Audio” to hear all audio from the PS4 or “Chat Audio” to hear only chat audio.
If you have trouble connecting your AirPods to your PS4, you can restart your PS4 and try again.
Recommended Post: Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One?
3. Using a Smart TV
It is impossible to connect AirPods to a PlayStation directly, as AirPods are designed to work with Apple devices, and PlayStation does not support Apple’s wireless audio technology.
However, there are some alternative ways you can use your AirPods with a PlayStation:
- Use a wireless audio adapter: Some PlayStation models have a 3.5mm audio jack that you can use to connect a wireless audio adapter, such as the AirFly Pro. This adapter allows you to connect your AirPods to the PlayStation using Bluetooth.
- Use a TV with an HDMI input: If your TV has an HDMI input, you can connect your PlayStation to the TV using an HDMI cable and then connect your AirPods to the TV using Bluetooth. It will allow you to hear the audio from the PlayStation through your AirPods.
- Use a PlayStation with a built-in Bluetooth feature: Some newer PlayStation models, such as the PlayStation 5, have built-in Bluetooth support, which allows you to connect your AirPods to the PlayStation directly.
While connecting AirPods to a PlayStation directly is impossible, you can use one of the alternative methods mentioned above to use your AirPods with a PlayStation.
Can You Use AirPods to Chat with Other Gamers on PS4?
You can use AirPods to chat with other gamers on PS4. To do so, you must pair your AirPods with your PS4 using Bluetooth and select them as your audio output device in the settings menu.
Remember that you can only use the AirPods for in-game chat and not for game audio. To hear game audio, you will need to use a different set of headphones or speakers that are connected directly to your PS4.
What to Do if You Can’t Hear Anything From Your AirPods
If you can’t hear anything from your AirPods, you can try some things to fix the issue.
First, ensure your AirPods are charged and properly connected to your device.
You can also try adjusting the volume on your device and in the Control Center on your iPhone. If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your AirPods by pressing and holding the setup button on the back of the charging case for at least 15 seconds.
If none of these work, you may need to do some troubleshooting:
Troubleshooting AirPods Audio With Bluetooth Adapter
If you are having trouble with your AirPods audio when using a Bluetooth adapter, you can try a few potential solutions to resolve the issue.
First, check to ensure that the adapter is compatible with your AirPods and is functioning correctly. If you need clarification on the compatibility or functionality of the adapter, try using a different adapter or checking with the manufacturer for more information.
Next, try restarting your AirPods and your device. It often resolves audio issues and is a good first step when troubleshooting.
If the issue persists, try resetting your AirPods by following these steps:
- Press the setup button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds to Put your AirPods in pairing mode
- Release the button and then close the case.
- Wait for a few seconds before opening the case, then press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds.
- Release the button and then close the case again.
- Wait for a few seconds, then open the case and check if the light on the front of the case is flashing white. If it is, your AirPods have been reset, and you can now pair them with your device again.
How to Connect Airpods to Ps4 Without Dongle
It’s not possible to connect AirPods to a PS4 without a dongle. AirPods use Bluetooth technology to connect to devices; the PS4 doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth support.
To connect AirPods to a PS4, you’ll need to use a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the PS4’s USB port. Once you’ve connected the dongle, you should be able to pair your AirPods with the PS4, just like any other Bluetooth device.
How to Connect Airpods to PS4 with USB
To connect AirPods to a PS4 using a USB cable, you will need to use the USB-A to USB-C cable. Then, follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 before connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network as your AirPods.
- Open the Settings menu on your PS4 and select “Devices.”
- Select “Bluetooth Devices” and put the AirPods in pairing mode by pressing the button on the back of the case.
- Your AirPods should appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices. Select them and choose “Pair.”
- Once your AirPods are paired, connect them to your PS4 using the USB-A to USB-C cable.
- You should now be able to use your AirPods with your PS4 for audio.
Note: If your AirPods do not appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices, you may need to restart your PS4 or reset your AirPods.
Can You Connect Airpods to Android
AirPods can be used with an Android device, though they may not have all the same functionality as they would with an iPhone.
To use AirPods with an Android phone, you will need to pair the two devices in the Bluetooth settings menu. Once they are paired, you should be able to use the AirPods to listen to music, take calls, and use other audio features.
However, features like automatic switching between devices and the ability to summon Siri may not be available when using AirPods with an Android phone.
The future of PS4 is still bright but can you connect AirPods to ps4? The answer to that question is yes. Although it was initially reported that connecting your Airpods with your console was impossible, many users are now proving those theories wrong.