Are you tired of seeing tangled wires from your soundbar spoiling the look of your perfectly organized entertainment setup? This guide will show you how to hide soundbar wires and create a clean and clutter-free entertainment space.
Hiding the wires of your soundbar can improve the look of your entertainment setup. The process starts by determining the path the wires will take from the soundbar to the power outlet or TV.
Gather the necessary tools and materials, including a cord cover kit, cable ties, electric tape, and a drill. Cut the cord cover to the appropriate length and attach it to the wall using screws or adhesive tape. Run the wires through the cord cover, securing them in place with cable ties. Cover any connections with electric tape, and wipe down the cord cover and wall with a clean cloth to remove any dust or debris.
It is important to note that, when installing the cord cover, it should be level and secure to avoid any potential tripping hazards or damage to the soundbar wires. Make sure to choose a cord cover that complements the aesthetic of your room.
If necessary, paint the cord cover to match the wall color. If you have a wall-mounted TV, you may also consider routing the wires through the wall to achieve an even more seamless look.
Overall, hiding the soundbar wires not only improves the appearance of your entertainment setup but also ensures that the wires are protected and secure.
Concealing soundbar cables behind TV
Concealing soundbar cables behind a TV involves hiding the cables, so they are not visible from the front of the TV.
Here are the steps you can follow to achieve this:
- Gather the necessary materials: You will need a TV mount, a power drill, screws, cable ties, and some kind of cable cover (such as a cord cover kit or a cable raceway).
- Mount the TV: First, mount the TV onto the wall. Make sure to follow the instructions that come with the mount, as different mounts may require different steps.
- Route the cables: Once the TV is mounted, route the cables from the soundbar to the TV. Try to keep the cables as close to the wall as possible.
- Secure the cables: Use cable ties to secure the cables to the wall, making sure they are not visible from the front of the TV.
- Install a cable cover: If you have a cord cover kit or cable raceway, install it to hide the cables completely. If not, you can use painter’s tape or cable clips to keep the cables in place.
- Test the setup: Turn on the TV and soundbar to make sure everything is working properly.
By following these steps, you can successfully conceal the soundbar cables behind your TV and create a neat and organized look in your entertainment space.
Soundbar wire management options
Soundbar wire management is an important aspect to consider when setting up your soundbar, as visible cables can detract from the overall look of your entertainment space. Here are some wire management options you can consider:
- Cable cover: A cable cover is a plastic or fabric sleeve that can be used to conceal the cables. They come in a variety of sizes and colors to match your décor and can be easily attached to the wall or baseboard using adhesive tape or Velcro strips.
- Cord cover kit: A cord cover kit is similar to a cable cover, but comes with all the necessary pieces to run the cables from the soundbar to the TV. These kits typically include a baseboard or wall-mounted track and a plastic or fabric cover that fits over the track.
- Cable raceway: A cable raceway is a plastic or metal channel that can be mounted on the wall or baseboard to hide the cables. They come in a variety of sizes and colors and can be painted or wallpapered to match the wall.
- Wall plates: Wall plates are designed to be mounted on the wall near the soundbar and TV, and can be used to hide the cables by running them through the plate and into the wall. These plates come in different colors and finishes and are a good option if you want to hide the cables completely.
- Cable ties: Cable ties are a simple and cost-effective option for managing soundbar cables. Simply bundle the cables together and use the ties to secure them to the wall or baseboard.
- Wall-mounted cable baskets: Wall-mounted cable baskets are similar to cable raceways but have a basket-like design that can hold several cables at once. They can be mounted on the wall near the soundbar and TV and are a good option if you have multiple cables to manage.
Soundbar cord cover options
A soundbar cord cover is a simple and effective solution for concealing the cables that connect your soundbar to the TV or other components.
Cord covers come in a variety of materials, sizes, and colors to match your décor and can be easily installed to hide the cables and improve the overall look of your entertainment space. Here are some of the different options available for soundbar cord covers:
- Fabric cord cover: A fabric cord cover is made of a soft, flexible material that can be easily wrapped around the cables. They come in different colors and sizes to match your décor and can be secured in place with Velcro or adhesive tape.
- Plastic cord cover: A plastic cord cover is a rigid, durable option that can be used to hide cables. They come in different sizes and colors and can be attached to the wall or baseboard using adhesive tape or screws.
- Cord cover kit: A cord cover kit is a complete solution for concealing the cables and typically includes a baseboard or wall-mounted track and a plastic or fabric cover that fits over the track. These kits come in different sizes and colors and are a good option if you have multiple cables to manage.
- Cord clips: Cord clips are small, plastic clips that can be used to secure the cables to the wall or baseboard. They are a simple and affordable option for managing cables and come in different colors to match your décor.
- Cable management sleeves: Cable management sleeves are similar to fabric cord covers but are made of a stretchy, flexible material that can be easily slipped over the cables. They come in different sizes and colors and can be secured in place with Velcro or adhesive tape.
By considering these different soundbar cord cover options, you can find the solution that works best for your entertainment space and helps to keep your cables organized and out of sight.
Hiding soundbar wires in wall
Hiding the wires for a soundbar in a wall requires the following steps:
- Turn off the power: Before starting any work, turn off the power to the wall where the soundbar will be mounted to avoid electrical shock or damage to the soundbar.
- Measure the length of the wires: Measure the length of the wires you need to run from the soundbar to the power source and the wall switch.
- Cut the holes in the wall: Use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall where the soundbar will be mounted. Cut holes in the wall for the wires to run through, ensuring that the holes are slightly larger than the wires.
- Run the wires: Run the wires through the holes and to the location of the power source and wall switch. Secure the wires to the wall using wire clips or conduits to prevent them from moving.
- Install the soundbar: Mount the soundbar to the wall using the provided hardware. Connect the wires to the soundbar and secure them in place using wire nuts or cable ties.
- Cover the holes: Fill the holes in the wall with spackle or putty and sand them smoothly. Paint the wall to match the rest of the room and complete the project.
Note: It’s important to follow local building codes and electrical codes when hiding soundbar wires in a wall. If you are not confident in your ability to perform this work, it’s best to consult with a professional electrician.
Creative ways to hide soundbar cables
There are several creative ways to hide soundbar cables and keep your entertainment area looking neat and organized. Some of these methods include:
1. Wall-mounted soundbar: This is a popular and effective way to hide soundbar cables. You can mount the soundbar directly to te wall using a bracket or a special mounting kit. The wires can be run through the wall or along the baseboard and into an electrical outlet or switch.
Example: The Sanus VMPL50A tilting wall mount can be used to mount the soundbar to the wall while keeping the cables hidden. The mount provides a low profile and allows the soundbar to be tilted for the best sound quality.
2. Cable covers: Cable covers are a simple and inexpensive solution for hiding soundbar cables. These covers are made of plastic or metal and can be painted to match the wall color. The cables can be run through the covers, which can be attached to the wall with adhesive tape or screws.
Example: The J Channel Cable Raceway is a flexible and versatile cable cover that can be used to hide soundbar cables. The cover can be cut to the desired length and is easy to install using adhesive backing or mounting hardware.
3. Furniture-mounted soundbar: Another option is to mount the soundbar on a piece of furniture, such as a shelf or a bookcase. The cables can be hidden behind the furniture, out of sight.
Example: The Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar can be mounted on the Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar shelf for a clean, integrated look. The shelf has an open design that allows for ventilation and easy access to the cables.
4. In-wall conduit: For a more permanent solution, you can run the soundbar cables through an in-wall conduit. This method requires cutting into the wall and installing a conduit to hide the cables. This option is more involved and may require the help of an electrician.
Example: The Legrand Wiremold CMK70 cord cover kit is a simple and stylish in-wall conduit solution. The kit includes a flexible conduit and a paintable cover that can be used to hide soundbar cables.
By choosing the right method for your home entertainment setup, you can effectively hide soundbar cables and keep your space looking neat and organized.
Soundbar wire hiding kit
A Soundbar wire hiding kit is a solution for concealing the wires connecting your soundbar to the power source and other devices. It typically includes cable covers, clips, and other components that help organize and hide the wires.
By using a wire hiding kit, you can improve the look of your home entertainment setup and avoid tripping hazards.
These kits are often made of durable and flexible materials, such as plastic or fabric, and can be easily installed without the need for tools or special skills. Some soundbar wire hiding kits come with adhesive backing to attach them to walls or furniture, while others can be mounted with screws or Velcro strips.
There are also kits that can be painted or stained to match the color of your walls or furniture, making the wires virtually invisible.
Overall, using a Soundbar wire hiding kit can be a simple and effective way to tidy up your home entertainment setup and enhance the overall look and safety of your space.
DIY soundbar wire cover solutions
Here’s an example of a DIY soundbar wire cover solution:
- Paintable cord cover kit
- Paint that matches your wall color
- Measuring tape
- Measure the length of the soundbar wire you want to hide.
- Cut the cord cover to the desired length using scissors.
- Paint the cord cover to match the wall color using a paintbrush and paint. Allow it to dry completely.
- Mount the cord cover to the wall using screws and a screwdriver.
- Carefully thread the soundbar wire through the cord cover, making sure that it is positioned securely in the middle of the cover.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for any additional cords you want to hide.
By following these steps, you can create a simple and affordable solution for hiding the wires from your soundbar. The paintable cord cover kit is a versatile option that can be painted to match the color of your walls or furniture, making the wires virtually invisible.
Additionally, mounting the cord cover to the wall helps keep the wires organized and eliminates tripping hazards.
Note: The specific materials and steps may vary based on the cord cover kit you choose, so be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
Soundbar cable routing ideas
Soundbars are a popular way to enhance the audio quality of your home entertainment setup, but they also come with a lot of cables that can quickly become an eyesore.
If you’re tired of tangled cords and wires, there are several solutions for hiding or organizing your soundbar cables.
Here are some soundbar cable routing ideas:
- Wall-mounted soundbar: If your soundbar is mounted on the wall, you can route the cables behind the wall using in-wall cable management solutions. This option keeps the cables hidden and out of sight. To do this, you’ll need to locate the wall studs and cut a small hole behind the soundbar where the cables can be routed. The cables can then be run down the wall and into the floor or furniture.
- Furniture-mounted soundbar: If your soundbar is mounted on a piece of furniture, you can route the cables through the back of the furniture to keep them out of sight. To do this, you’ll need to remove the back panel of the furniture and run the cables through the inside of the furniture to a nearby power source or other devices.
- Cable cover: Another option is to use a cable cover to hide the cables. Cable covers come in different styles and materials, including fabric and plastic, and can be easily installed without the need for tools or special skills. Simply place the cables inside the cover and attach them to the wall or furniture using the adhesive backing, Velcro strips, or screws.
- Cord cover raceway: Another option is to use a cord cover raceway, which is a long, narrow cover that can be attached to the wall or furniture to hide the cables. Cord cover raceways can be painted or stained to match the color of your walls or furniture, making the wires virtually invisible.
- Wall-mounted cable clips: If you don’t want to hide the cables entirely, you can use wall-mounted cable clips to organize the cables and keep them off the floor. Cable clips are small, adhesive-backed devices that can be attached to the wall to hold the cables in place.
Best practices for hiding soundbar wires
Here are some best practices for hiding soundbar wires:
- Use a wall-mounted soundbar: This is the simplest solution, as the soundbar can be mounted directly on the wall, and the wires can be tucked behind the TV or run along the wall and concealed by a cord cover.
- Use a soundbar with a built-in power cord: Some soundbars come with a built-in power cord which can be hidden behind furniture or run along the baseboard.
- Install cord covers: Cord covers can be easily installed along baseboards, under furniture, or along the wall to conceal the wires. They are available in a variety of materials and colors to match the decor.
- Use cable raceways: Cable raceways are narrow channels that can be installed along the wall to hold and conceal the wires. They can be painted or wallpapered over to blend in with the wall.
- Hide the wires inside a wall: If possible, running the wires inside the wall is the most professional and seamless way to hide them. This requires cutting holes in the wall and fishing the wires through, but the result is a clean and clutter-free look.
- Use cable ties: Cable ties can be used to secure the wires and keep them neat and tidy. They are easy to install and remove and can be used to bundle the wires together.
- Hide the wires in a cord basket: A cord basket is a wire management solution that can be placed behind the TV or under furniture to conceal the wires. They are available in a variety of materials and sizes to fit your specific needs.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to follow proper electrical safety protocols when installing and hiding your soundbar wires.
In-wall soundbar cable management
In-wall soundbar cable management is the process of running the soundbar cables inside the wall to conceal them. Here are the steps to do it:
- Plan your route: Determine the best path for the cables to run from the soundbar to the electrical outlet and mark the locations of the soundbar and the electrical outlet on the wall.
- Cut holes: Use a drywall saw, or hole saw to cut holes in the wall at the marked locations. The holes should be large enough to allow the soundbar cables to be fished through.
- Fish the cables: Use fish tape to pull the soundbar cables through the holes from the electrical outlet to the soundbar location. Make sure the cables are tucked into the wall and not visible.
- Install cable clips: Attach cable clips to the wall to secure the cables in place. The clips should be spaced evenly along the wall to prevent the cables from sagging.
- Seal the holes: Use a drywall compound and a putty knife to fill and smooth the holes in the wall. Once the compound has dried, sand it smoothly and paint the wall to match the surrounding area.
- Connect the cables: Connect the soundbar cables to the electrical outlet and the soundbar according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
In-wall soundbar cable management is a more involved process than other methods of hiding soundbar cables, but it provides a clean, seamless look with no visible wires. It is important to follow proper electrical safety protocols and building codes when running cables inside the wall.
If you are unsure of your abilities or have any doubts, it is recommended to hire a professional electrician to handle the installation.
How to hide soundbar wires on the floor
Soundbars have become increasingly popular as an alternative to traditional home theater systems. But, the cords and wires that run from the soundbar to the various components can be unsightly, especially when they are visible on the floor.
- Use Cord Covers: Cord covers come in various sizes, colors, and materials, such as plastic or fabric, to blend in with your decor. They can be easily installed along the baseboard or floor molding to hide the soundbar wires.
- Run the Wires Along the Wall: If you have baseboards or molding along the wall, you can run the wires along them and hide them from view. You can also use wire clips or cable ties to keep the wires in place.
- Use Floor Molding: If your soundbar is in a hard flooring area, you can use floor molding to hide the wires. This solution works especially well if the molding matches the color of the flooring.
- Create a False Wall: If you want a more permanent solution, you can build a false wall and run the soundbar wires through it. This way, the wires are completely hidden from view and can only be accessed by removing the false wall.
- Paint the Wires: If all else fails, you can paint the soundbar wires to match the color of the floor or wall. This solution is ideal if you don’t have the time or resources to make any major changes to your setup.
How to hide soundbar cables without cutting wall
The appearance of cords and cables can detract from the aesthetic appeal of a room. This is especially true when it comes to soundbars, which can have several cables that need to be hidden from view. However, cutting into the walls to hide these cables is not always feasible or desirable.
Follow this guide:
- Use cable covers: Purchase cable covers that can be attached to the wall and paint them the same color as the wall. This will make the cables blend in with the wall.
- Wall cord covers: Purchase cord covers that can be mounted directly onto the wall, which will hide the cables from view.
- Use cord covers with a decorative design: Choose cord covers with a decorative design that can be mounted on the wall to hide the cables while also adding a decorative element to the room.
- Use cable raceways: Cable raceways are plastic or metal channels that can be mounted on the wall to hide the cables. They can be painted to match the wall color.
- Wall molding: Use wall molding to hide the cables. You can install molding along the wall where the soundbar is mounted, then run the cables behind it.
- Furniture placement: Place a piece of furniture, such as a bookshelf or armoire, near the soundbar to hide the cables.
How to disguise soundbar wires
There are several ways to disguise the wires of a soundbar:
- Wall-mounted soundbar: If you have a wall-mounted soundbar, you can hide the wires inside the wall by cutting a groove and running the wires through it. You can then use wall covers or paint to hide the groove.
- Floor-mounted soundbar: If the soundbar is floor-mounted, you can run the wires along the baseboard or molding. You can also purchase cord covers that match the color of your baseboards or walls to hide the wires.
- Cord cover kits: These kits include flexible plastic channels that you can paint or cover with wallpapers to match the wall or ceiling color. They are available in a variety of sizes and colors to match any home decor.
- Cable management sleeves: Cable management sleeves are made of flexible fabric and can be used to bundle and hide cords and wires.
- Furniture: If the soundbar is placed under a piece of furniture, you can hide the wires by running them behind or underneath the furniture.
By using one of these methods, you can successfully disguise the wires of your soundbar and maintain the aesthetic of your home entertainment setup.
Soundbar cable hiding solutions for renters
As a renter, it’s important to consider temporary and non-invasive solutions for hiding soundbar cables. Here are some options that are ideal for renters:
- Cable raceways: Cable raceways are adhesive-backed plastic channels that can be attached to the wall to hide cords and cables. They come in various colors and sizes to match your home decor and can be easily removed without damaging the walls.
- Cord covers: Cord covers are flexible plastic tubes that can be used to conceal cables. They are available in a variety of colors and can be easily trimmed to size.
- Cable ties or Velcro strips: Using cable ties or Velcro strips, you can bundle and secure soundbar cables together, making them easier to conceal behind furniture or along the baseboards.
- Furniture placement: If the soundbar is placed under a piece of furniture, you can hide the cables by running them behind or underneath the furniture.
- Wall-mounted soundbar: If you have a wall-mounted soundbar, you can hide the wires by running them along the wall and behind the furniture.
These solutions are affordable, easy to install and remove, and can help you hide the cables of your soundbar without damaging the walls or incurring the cost of permanent solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I hide soundbar wires in my living room?
There are several ways to hide soundbar wires in your living room, including:
- Running the wires through a wall using a cord cover or conduit
- Hiding the wires under furniture or rugs
- Using a wireless soundbar or connecting the soundbar to your TV via Bluetooth
- Concealing the wires inside decorative objects such as vases or bookshelves
Can I hide the soundbar wires under the carpet?
You can hide the soundbar wires under the carpet. This is a simple and effective solution if your carpet is thick enough to conceal the wires. Just make sure the wires are securely fastened to the floor to prevent tripping.
Is it possible to hide the soundbar wires inside the wall?
It is possible to hide the soundbar wires inside the wall by using a cord cover or conduit. This involves cutting a hole in the wall and running the wires through it. This is a more permanent solution, but it requires some technical expertise and may not be suitable for all homes.
Can I use a wireless soundbar to avoid hiding the wires?
You can use a wireless soundbar to avoid hiding the wires. This type of soundbar connects to your TV or other devices wirelessly, eliminating the need for any visible wires. However, it’s important to note that a wireless soundbar may not offer the same sound quality as a wired soundbar.
Hiding soundbar wires in your living room is an important aspect to consider for a clean and uncluttered look. There are several options on how to hide soundbar wires, including running the wires through the wall, hiding them under furniture or rugs, using a wireless soundbar, or concealing them inside decorative objects.
The best solution for you will depend on your specific needs, budget, and technical expertise. Whichever method you choose, the goal is to keep the soundbar wires out of sight while still ensuring they are safely and securely connected to your devices.