One of the best things about AirPods is that they can pair with most devices without additional steps or downloads. However, there will be times when it’s necessary to mute the headphones before using them. Continue reading to learn how to mute AirPods.
AirPods are very easy to use as they can be connected to the iPhone through Bluetooth. And to mute the AirPods, you need to press/hold the button on the Airpods for 3 seconds. When you press and hold the button, a small red light will light up on the earbud, and it will be muted. When you release your finger, the sound will normally play again.
Another way to mute AirPods is by double-tapping the Siri button on the right side of your iPhone, then asking for “AirPods” to be muted.
How to Mute Airpods During a Phone Call
There are a few ways to mute Airpod when making calls:
1. Tap the light ring on top of your AirPods to display the playback controls.
2. If you’re using an iPhone, swipe up on the left side of your screen, then tap the volume slider icon that appears; if you’re using an Android phone, swipe up on the left side of your screen and tap “volume up” or “volume down.”
3. If you have an Apple Watch, double-click the side button until “Airplane Mode” appears; then tap that button again until “Mute” appears (this will turn off any sound from your phone).
How to Mute Airpods on Zoom or Other Conferencing Apps
If you’re having a Skype conversation with your family, the person on the other end of the line has that annoying habit of playing music or videos at full blast.
If you don’t want to mute your AirPods but still want to hear what’s going on at the other end of the line, here’s how to do it:
1. Open Zoom or another conferencing app (the best way to find out which one is yours is by opening up the app and looking at its icon).
2. Tap on the speaker icon (it looks like three vertical dots) on the top right side of your screen.
3. Tap “Mute” in the resulting menu.
How to Mute One Airpod
If you have more than one Airpod, it’s easy to mute one just by tapping the button on the headset.
- Press and hold the button on your earbuds for three seconds.
- Leave the button when you hear a beep to confirm that you’ve muted your earbuds.
Can you mute Apple AirPods Pro?
You can mute the AirPods by double-tapping or triple tapping the earbuds. Also, the volume buttons can be used to adjust the volume of your music.
So to mute an Apple AirPod, double-click the side button on the right of your AirPod to bring up the Control Center and swipe left to access the Music tab.
From here, tap on the Pause/Resume icon in the top-left corner. You’ll see a volume slider appear on your screen. Slide this down as far as it will go until no sound comes through your AirPods.
Can you turn off the AirPod sound?
You can turn off the AirPod sound, and here’s how:
1. You can turn off the AirPod sound by tapping and holding the top of your AirPod for a few seconds until you hear the sound of a tone.
2. Next, tap on the AirPod icon in your notifications tray, then tap on ‘Settings.’
3. On the next screen, tap on ‘Listen to Music’ and select ‘Off.’
You can read on What To Do If You Drop Your Airpod In Water
Frequently Asked Question
Do AirPods work with Microsoft teams?
AirPods work with Microsoft Teams. They’re a hands-free solution for your calls, meetings, and more. For business users who want to hear the audio in meetings, connect AirPods to your computer. You can then use them as speakerphones on your computer screen or listen to music while you work.
The AirPods feature Siri activation, automatic music pause when you remove one of the earbuds, and longer battery life than previous Bluetooth headsets.
So if any of your devices accidentally starts playing a track while wearing your AirPods, then it might be worth checking out these steps above on how to mute AirPods.