If you are using a Samsung soundbar, you might have encountered the problem of the sound cutting out. While it is not a big deal if you have to reset your soundbar every time the audio cuts out, what if it occurs daily? This article will help you with step by step guide on how to reset Samsung soundbar permanently.
To reset the soundbar, pull the plug out of the wall for a few seconds, replace it and power it. Now put the device into its stand and press the power button on your soundbar. After a few seconds, you are going to see an option to reset your speaker as an option.
So resetting your Samsung soundbar (speakers) will put it back to its original settings and unlock new features. You also need to know that resetting the soundbar resets all its settings, including Volume, ready, and other options.
The only downside is that if you have connected multiple devices through the same receiver, resetting all the devices will also mute all sounds.
And if your soundbar shows the message “Reset Soundbar” and you can’t turn it off or change the Volume, you may have a problem with the remote. Fortunately, many advanced troubleshooting steps and ways to fix this problem will be revealed as you continue reading.
Why do we need to reset the soundbar?
There are a few reasons why you should reset your soundbar.
One reason is that you’ve moved it from one room to another and want your new TV to play through the soundbar.
Also, you may have noticed that your soundbar is playing differently than it did when you first bought it. Or, maybe you’ve been hearing a certain sound coming from your TV that wasn’t there before.
Another reason might be that it’s probably time to reset your soundbar if you’re having trouble hearing what’s happening in your living room or bedroom. This easy process will ensure everything is working just as it should.
In addition, you might have noticed that your soundbar has gotten louder or softer over time. It is a normal occurrence, and it happens because the soundbar’s voice processing has gone through some changes. The soundbar is designed to run a certain way, but sometimes it needs to reset.
For all these reasons, you need to know that we have two kinds of reset, soft and hard.
What is a Soft reset?
A soft reset is a way to reset the soundbar to its factory settings.
The soft reset requires you to unplug the soundbar from your TV and then plug it back in. The process will clear out any saved settings and reset the soundbar to its default settings.
It will restore the soundbar’s firmware to its original state, which can help you troubleshoot any problems with your soundbar.
Also, a soft reset will remove any changes you made in the settings menu, so you can restore them if necessary.
In addition, this reset will help you clear out any stored audio files stuck on your soundbar, which can cause issues if they aren’t cleared out.
What is a Hard reset?
A hard reset is a process that returns your soundbar to the factory state or removes all user data. It can be used if you need help connecting your soundbar to a new network or if it stops working.
With this reset, you can also restore all content from the hard drive if you want to start over with no pre-existing content on the device.
So this is helpful if you want to clean the slate and start over with a new operating system or if your device is acting up and needs a fresh start.
Things to Try Before Attempting a soundbar Hard Reset
Hard reset is one option that comes to mind whenever your soundbar is acting up. But before you consider going with this reset, you need to remember that you will lose all your files and existing settings, so you need to do minor checks before the overall hard reset.
1. Try connecting another device
Try connecting another device to your soundbar. If the device is compatible, it could help you determine if there’s an issue with the soundbar itself.
If you don’t have any extra devices, try unplugging everything from your soundbar and plugging it back in. It could work as well; it’s just harder to tell if the soundbar has an issue without other devices connected.
2. Do a soft reset
If your soundbar isn’t working still, try a soft reset. It will restart the device’s software without erasing any data or settings.
Hold the volume button on your remote and power button simultaneously until you see the message, “Turning off all sound.” It will turn off all of the speakers in your soundbar and turn off any connected devices that are connected to it.
3. Turn the Bluetooth off and on
You can turn off your soundbar’s Bluetooth and turn it back on. It should reset your soundbar and clear up any problems that may have occurred during the reset.
It can sometimes reset the device when you turn it back.
Steps to Reset your Samsung Soundbar
1. Power off your soundbar
2. Unplug the power cable and wait about 30 seconds before plugging it back in
3. Press the Power button on your Samsung soundbar for at least 5 seconds until all LEDs start to flash.
4. When all LEDs are flashing, press and hold down both of the Volume Up and Power buttons on your remote (while you are still holding down the Power button) until you hear a beep once every second or two (this will reset your soundbar to its default settings).
5. Press and release both of the Volume Up and Power buttons on your remote once more when you see a flashing LED (this will put your soundbar into standby mode).
Still, if your Samsung soundbar is not working correctly, try troubleshooting the problem by following these steps.
Open the Samsung app on your smartphone and go to Settings > Sound Effects > Reset Sound Effects.
The sound effects menu will appear. At this point, select reset sound effects of starting this process. Your soundbar will be reset and ready for use again.
In addition, check for any software updates for your Samsung Soundbar. You can find these updates by going into Settings on your phone and going to about device.
If there are yet to be any updates available for your device (or if there are, but they’re not compatible with your model), then wait until there are updates available before trying anything else.
Is There a Reset Button on a Samsung Soundbar?
You can find a reset button on the Samsung soundbar but on its remote. To find it, press and hold on to the power button for about ten seconds. You will see a light flash in the center of your TV screen.
Once you see this, release your finger from the power button and press it again to turn off your soundbar. Wait for about thirty seconds before turning it back on.
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar to Factory Settings
If you want to reset your Samsung soundbar back to factory settings, follow these steps:
1. Power off the soundbar and unplug it from the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold the power button on the front of your soundbar for at least 30 seconds.
3. When the blue light on top of your soundbar begins to flash, release the power button and wait for it to turn off entirely before proceeding.
4. When your device turns back on, you should hear a tone indicating that it has reset.
This reset to factory settings will help you restore to the original state of your device.
Related Post: Why My Speakers Are Buzzing
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar Subwoofer
If you’re having trouble with your Samsung soundbar subwoofer, you may need to reset it.
The best way to do this is by turning it off and then on again. If your soundbar has an auto-on feature, you should press the “Power” button for about 5 seconds before turning the soundbar back on.
If this doesn’t work, try holding the “Power” button for 10 seconds and releasing it. You will see a red light flash once or twice when you do this.
And if this doesn’t work, try unplugging the device from power for 15 seconds and then replugging it in again (be sure not to avoid plugging anything else in while doing this).
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar Bluetooth
Resetting your soundbar is a quick and easy way to fix some common problems. If you’re having trouble with your Bluetooth connection, reset your soundbar.
1. Turn off the power to your soundbar by unplugging the AC adapter from the wall outlet.
2. Wait 10 seconds before plugging it in again.
3. Make sure that the Volume is turned up on your TV and set to “mute” or “off.”
4. Connect your phone to your soundbar via Bluetooth (ensure both devices are on the same network).
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar Bass
Resetting the bass of your Samsung Soundbar is a simple process that will help you get the most out of your speaker.
You can easily reset your Samsung soundbar bass by following the steps below:
1. Turn off your Samsung soundbar, then unplug it from the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold the BASS +/– buttons on your remote while connecting the power cord to your soundbar. Then release the buttons when the red light has turned on at the bottom of the remote control.
3. Press and hold down both BASS +/– buttons on your remote for about 10 seconds until you see a green LED light turn on next to them. Then release both buttons and wait 30 seconds before turning on your soundbar or any other connected device.
How to Reset Samsung Soundbar WiFi
The Samsung Soundbar is a wireless speaker that connects to your TV through an HDMI connection. If you want to reset your Soundbar WiFi, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Open the Samsung app and go to Settings > Device Management.
2. Tap the three-line icon at the top right corner of your screen, then tap Reset device management settings.
3. Tap the Volume up button on your remote control until you see “Reset” on the display panel, then tap OK to confirm that you want to reset your Samsung soundbar WiFi settings.
This step-by-step guide given in this article on how to reset Samsung soundbar is all you need to get your device back to reset. After following the steps and needing help finding a solution, it is time to call Samsung support.